Sunday, September 2, 2012

Colors, Patterns and Textures! Inspiration is Everywhere!

Last month when I was in New Mexico, I took this fabulous Jeep tour. One of the things that impressed me most was the huge expanse of  landscape. Mesas, arroyos, volcanic rock formations and miles and miles of high desert terrain. This all was hard to capture in a photo. As we stopped to get a closer look at Spanish homestead sites from the 1700's, Pueblo ruins from centuries earlier and petroglyphs, I photographed my beloved textures in the details of the surfaces.  Here are some of those and a few for patterns and colors in the larger landscapes.....













To read more about the Jeep tour and see some photos of the larger scenery, you can read a guest post that I wrote over here on the High Road Artist's blog. http://high-road-artist.com/11379/southwest-living/it-all-started-with-a-picture-new-mexico-jeep-tours/

No comments:

Post a Comment