It was created by Jeff Bigot of France. I am especially pleased since he wrote to tell me about it and cited my blog as one of his inspirations. How cool is that?
His other inspiration was The Corolignian Realm's Inkle Weaving Pattern Generator which has helped MANY inkle weavers over the last years.
Try out the new Inkle Loom Pattern Editor here: http://www.raktres.net/projects/inkle_loom_svg/inkle_loom_svg.html
It has some outstanding features!
Here are some highlights:
- *You can select your own colors using a color picker. Once you find the exact color you want, copy the HEX code and paste it into the Pattern Editor. Amazing! Here's the Color Picker site I use: https://htmlcolorcodes.com/color-picker/
- *The cells are uniquely shaped to represent threads in a woven band, so you get a great preview of what your woven band will look like.
- *With one click you can create a PNG file of your design and save it to your computer.
- *Start your pattern on the left side, and click the SYMETRY button and it will automatically reverse the pattern and fill in the right side for you.
- *Once the design is filled in, click the ROTATE button to try the colors in a different order within that pattern.
Below is a 1" wide piece that I wove and the pattern for it created with the Inkle Loom Pattern Editor.
The 1" version has 41 threads and the 2" version has 77 threads.