Thursday, June 4, 2009

Phoenix Desert Botanical Gardens with Chihuly Glass Exhibit





During the first week of May, I went to Phoenix, Az for a conference. My daughter, Lalani came along for sightseeing. One place we agreed that we both wanted to visit was the Phoenix Desert Botanical Garden. There is currently a Dale Chihuly glass exhibit there. So in amongst the wonderful desert plants, are some beautiful, colorful handblown glass works of art.
It was fabulous.





These 3 plants are glass. Shown here in daylight and dark.

You can click on the photos to enlarge them.




When I look at these photos, the intensity of the colors moves me. To see more of this photo collection, please visit my Flickr page.



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! I wish I could see that exhibit in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister-in-law works at the Desert Botanical Gardens as a docent several days a week, the lucky girl. It is a FABULOUS place. We went there one evening for a blues concert, found it sold out, so sat under the saguaros and listened....best seats in the house! Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete