Saturday, March 14, 2009

Santa Cruz Art League Show



Yay! I got accepted into the Santa Cruz Art League's Art Faire.
It will be on May 23 & 24th. The shows in the gallery are always interesting.
This will be outside on the very nice lawn. I'm looking forward to it.
Here are a couple of the photos that I sent in to represent my work. The blue scarf is mostly made of bamboo, with some cotton and soy. The green stripey one is made of rayon and silk. Both have wonderful drape. It took me a long time to realize that I could make scarves on an inkle loom and didn't need to buy that rigid heddle loom after all.
Lucky for me that the summers don't get so hot here and wearing scarves can be pretty much a year-round thing, especially when they are soft and silky like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment