Monday, July 30, 2018

In Celebration of Plain Weave: Color and Design Inspiration for Inkle Weavers

EDIT: I really appreciate everyone who has told me that they are looking forward to publication. I am too! Thanks for waiting! The book is now in the hands of my designer and publication will be sometime in March, 2019 if nothing else goes wrong.  If you want to be put on an email list to be notified when it's ready, please send me a message at: iweavestraps@gmail.com and you'll be among the first to know! 

Due to the popularity of the plain weave patterns that I've shared on this blog, it's become apparent to me that there are many inkle weavers out there who could benefit from having more patterns to choose from as well as well as some tips for designing their own patterns.
To respond to this need, I've completed a book which I hope will be educational and inspirational. 



The book is 115 pages and divided into three sections.
Section One is a discussion of color theory and band design including my best tips from years of experiments. Get ideas and resources for choosing color combinations. 
Section Two illustrates how to get the various elements of inkle patterns. Learn what makes chains, teeth, stripes, etc and how to balance these in your band design. 
Section Three is full of over 200 individual (interactive!) patterns plus tips for turning these into thousands upon thousands more. 

To quote Helene Bress, from her book, Inkle Weaving, “With just three colors and
50 threads, almost a trillion, trillion different patterns can be formed for inkle bands!
All this can be done in just the simplest type of weave there is—plain weave.”

In Celebration of Plain Weave: Color and Design Inspiration for Inkle Weavers will be available as an ebook and in print. Find it here in my Etsy shop in March of 2019.



4 comments:

  1. Look forward to your book release !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can’t wait to purchase your new book

    ReplyDelete
  3. when will this book be released. Its Sept. Cant wait

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, thanks for your enthusiasm and for your patience. It is in the hands of my book designer and it is looking like early October instead of September. I am also very anxious to see this project completed. It was fun to compile the information and patterns and I think it will be helpful to many inkle weavers, both new and experienced. ~Annie

      Delete