Sunday, June 9, 2013

Camera and Binocular Straps!

Do you have a full-sized camera? Did it come with a strap? How do you like your strap?

So many people have told me that they don't like their camera straps, and a nice comfortable one woven from cotton would be SO MUCH BETTER.  I listened and now have camera straps in my product lineup.
At last Friday's Art Tour, it was the hot item!

Here are a few photos of the ones I've been working on.

handwoven camera straps


After playing around with different ways to make the attachments at the ends, I decided on this plastic loop to which I could sew the end of the woven strap and a small 3/8" bit of nylon webbing which will attach to the camera. It works great!  I also discovered that many binoculars have the same type of hardware loop on them, so these straps could work for them, too!





 

  Some of the above are now available in my Etsy shop, here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ASpinnerWeaver


And this one, was a special custom order for a friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment