Sunday, February 24, 2013

Custom Sashes for Mountain Men

A couple of days ago I received this note in an envelope with a check, final payment for a custom order.
What a nice reward! I'm glad that he likes it. 


I also think that the color combination is gorgeous.   He wrote "I want something colorful (long winters up here in North Dakota). And I'm wondering if you can weave a tassel on both ends to give it a Metis flair?" So, I looked at some photos of Metis sashes and was inspired by their use of bright primary colors. 


This is a closeup of the sash which was 3" wide and 108" long.


This is the musket strap. 1 1/2" wide and 40" long.

The following 2 photos were sent to me by another customer who I've done several pieces for.
I've come to refer to him as Tim of Alaska. I really enjoy seeing how these things are used.
Tim wanted his colors to be such as would blend into a wooded setting.

The colors in the strap are just perfect for this  powder horn. 

This is a nice looking outfit all put together.

This sash was even longer at 132"! 

Here is a closup. Another good color combination. 

5 comments:

  1. Your patterns and color choices are beautiful. What is the width of the sash to go around the mountain man?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Patricia!
    The width of the green sash is 2 1/2" and the red one is 3". ~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the shot of the warped loom all set up with the green yarn on it. I am sure you have shared images of a warped loom before but this is the first I remember seeing. I am always, always in awe when confronted with a warped loom!!! But this image is just plain beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Pam. It is fun to see the warp on the loom, and sometimes I remember to grab a shot before I get to weavin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This kind of sashes are looks awesome in winter. It provides security from wind and design of this sashes are also very catchy.

    custom printed sashes

    ReplyDelete