Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cash and Prizes

When I go to a rendezvous, like I did last week, and it is sucessful, I say that I came home with cash and prizes. This means that I sold enough stuff that I was able to buy or trade for cool stuff and still have money, too.
Here are some of the "prizes" that I brought home last week.

A blue wool bag embroidered by Jill with an Ojibwa style floral pattern, a fabulous medicine bag made by Two Eagles who is renowned for his fine beadwork, and a berry colored wool blanket

A pack basket woven by my friend, Cat. I have an ever growing collection of her baskets and use them all of the time. This one has straps that make it into a backpack and is good for carrying lots of stuff without using hands. Yesterday I used it for walking up to the farmers' market and bringing home goodies.

A hand-thrown stoneware bowl, a piece of hand cut and stamped "trade silver" made by my friend, Larry, and a French pumpkin wool blanket.
One of the things I like about a Rendezvous, is that many people are wearing and using things which they have made themselves. There are talented craftspeople and artists showing and selling their handmade items, and some who are making things on the spot. I have collected some new handcrafted items which I will enjoy using.
I'm a lucky girl, wouldn't you say?
The two blankets are not handmade, but were purchased to be made into a bag similar to the one shown here.

No comments:

Post a Comment