Friday, January 9, 2015

A Dozen Plain Weave Pattern Drafts

Recently, I've been doing some fast weaving to build up my inventory of guitar straps.
It is fun for me to line them all up and compare and contrast designs. Hopefully, you will enjoy seeing them, too. The pattern drafts are included so that you can use them to help design your own bands. I ask that you don't copy any EXACTLY, as I assure my customers that these are one of-a-kind designs. All are 2" wide and mostly use my favorite sport weight cotton. In some cases, heavier or thinner yarns were also used.

FOR SIMPLICITY OF USE, CONSIDER THE TOP ROW TO BE HEDDLED THREADS AND THE BOTTOM ROW TO BE OPEN THREADS ON ALL OF THE DRAFTS. 





INKLE WEAVING PATTERN








In the one above, I experimented with using the yarns doubled to produce a thicker band.






























For more pattern drafts, check out these other blog posts:


16 comments:

  1. Each strap is more beautiful than the last, what lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing, they are all lovely, and it looks like I will be busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie- If you use some of these patterns to create your own, I hope that you'll share pictures!

      Delete
  3. I really appreciate the way you laid out these patterns directly below the sample, I've been having a hard time visualizing how the patterns become the different designs, and this has finally made it crystal clear to me! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing! Your work is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful designs! Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow these are awesome thanks for the help i have a hard seeing it before its made this is a huge help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just getting my Inkle loom. This site is really going to help! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. ES MOLT MACO TOT EL QUE FAS. GRACIES PER ENSENYAR-HO.

    ReplyDelete