Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Yarn Bombing!

Last week our weavers guild met at the Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History, and as we were walking out afterwards, we were delighted to see this yarn bombing.  The world could definitely use more bombs like this!
What great colors! Now I am inspired and want to weave something using as many colors as I can just for fun.



The label on this knitted piece reads  WWW.STREETCOLOR.WORDPRESS.COM, so I went to check it out.  I highly recommend that you go over to this blog and read the stories of this very cool artist!
Here is a link to the story about the one pictured here.

6 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm heading over now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for yarn bombing!!! Love all the happy colors, Annie!! xo Cait

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I had never heard of yarn bombing! I am an artist, not a knitter, but I agree...more yarn bombing! I am in your blogging class and look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Erin. Thanks for visiting my blog. It looks like an interesting class with lots of creative talent. I hope to eventually visit all 20 classmates' blogs! Wow, can I do that? A worthy challenge.
    ~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check out our yarn bombing group:

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Twilight-Taggers/373522532669#!/pages/Twilight-Taggers/373522532669

    ReplyDelete