Monday, October 12, 2009

What's on the Loom Today...




This is a scarf in progress today.
It has all the colors I like the most. The 7 yarns used are pictured below.
I started with a Noro wool yarn which includes many colors and picked some other yarns to compliment it. I wanted it to be a wooly winter scarf so the yarns chosen include baby alpaca, mohair, silk, and acrylic with cotton for weft.
On my inkle loom all of the yarns are close together, not spaced apart like most other types of looms. What this means is that for every row each of the 67 warp threads is slipping past it's neighbor on each side. When I use fuzzy yarns like this, they don't want to slip past their neighbors without stopping to visit. I have to coax them.
This means that it takes a really long time to weave something fuzzy like this.
So here I am taking a break!
I decided to do something I've never done before, which is to list it for sale in my Etsy shop before I am actually done weaving it! This will put pressure on me to finish it. Can I do this tidy up the house before my friend Alex comes over for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment