Saturday, October 24, 2009

Scarf-O-Rama

Today I will be photographing and listing the last of my scarf collection in my Etsy shop.
A sudden burst of scarf weaving was prompted by someone interested in buying a group wholesale.
I have been weaving, twisting fringes, photographing and listing them. There is something to be said for doing a production run. I can make some conclusions about scarves.
What I have learned is that I like a scarf which has a little bit of weight to it and hangs and drapes nicely. Bamboo and rayon are great for this.
Fuzzy alpaca, mohair, some wools and cashmere tend to be really hard to weave with because of the fuzz and they produce a lighter-weight scarf.
Certain yarns, like chenille, tend to pack up close together and make a sort of stiffer product.
When I put on the scarves, I like the ones that make me say "ooh, that feels good".
I have my favorites.

The fringe on this one just turned out beautifully.
This one feels wonderful.

If you have the time, please click on the link above, browse the collection and tell me what you like.
This one I am tempted to keep because it feels soft, drapes nicely, has colors I love, and the sparkle makes it look classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment