Saturday, April 6, 2019

The Book- Launch and Learn! Corrections Made!

Well, it has been an amazing and busy couple of weeks since the launch of my book on March 18th. After day 2, it was obvious that the initial print run of 250 books was not going to last long, so I placed a reorder. Some folks had to wait for that second order to arrive before I could send their copy out to them. I appreciate the understanding. Over 300 copies have been signed and mailed.
If you don't have one yet, here's where you can get it: https://www.taprootvideo.com/preview_class.jsf?iid=12&cid=1

Waiting for the ink to dry. 

Thanks to everyone who ordered one!!! Media mail is slow, so some are still waiting for delivery.
One customer reported that she tracked her package and it was sorted through 3 locations within an hour of her home before it finally arrived. Still, I love the U.S. Mail and am grateful for their system which works great most of the time.

I've sent books to people in 7 countries besides the U.S. Extra thanks to those who paid as much to have it shipped as they did to buy the book. It's hefty, weighing 1 pound and 6 ounces packaged, and is expensive to ship overseas.

Some lovely reviews have been written on Etsy and I have received many nice personal notes, FB comments and phone calls. I love hearing what each person liked and/or found useful in the book.

My local guild, the Las AraƱas Spinners and Weavers Guild, arranged a little book-signing event at our last meeting and I was delighted that so many of my peers wanted copies!

The PDF version is in the works and almost complete. We are working out the delivery system as the file is too large for Etsy to handle. Each of the 200 pattern links in the catalog had to be checked as they will  be live links in the PDF. Although I swear I checked them all before we went to print, some errors were found in this round of checking. Also, a customer wrote to mention an incorrect pattern number referenced in the text. HORRORS!

So...... If you have a copy of the book, please note the following corrections.
If you would like to print them to insert in your book, here's the link to a printable page:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oiw6t1mjrzwevqa/Document.docx?dl=0

Page 111, Caption for Figure 102 should refer to
Pattern # 159

Pattern # 19 : Short link nn

Pattern # 71 : Short link nX

Pattern # 147 : Short link nZ

Pattern # 152 : Short link nP

Pattern # 172 : Short link nb

Pattern # 194 : Short link nh


Sorry for any inconvenience!


Annie 

2 comments:

  1. This was a wonderful book! I've learned a lot about color and color combinations and am looking forward to putting it to use on some bands. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and inspiration about plain weave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! I am delighted to know that the color section was helpful!

      Delete