Tuesday, June 16, 2015

New Features for This Blog - More Information and Resources!

Over the past few weeks, I've been working behind the scenes on this blog, adding and editing pages to make it more helpful as a resource site. I'd like to introduce you to some of the new features.

Uses for a Woven Band is now a page full of ideas collected over time and with assistance from other weavers. Thanks to those of you who have added your comments, the list now includes over 100 items! I've even added some pictures from my archives for fun.



Inkle Weaving FAQ's and Answers is a page that came to mind after hearing many of these questions asked repeatedly by newcomers to the Inkle Weaving Group on Facebook which I frequent. Members of that group helped by adding some questions to the list and also some answers. The page includes a section on inkle terminology and also lots of links for more detailed information.

Some of the questions which come up often are about making heddles and warping the loom.
To address those, my husband and I made another one of our low-budget home videos which I've posted below.




Don't miss the Resources page if you want to launch on an exploration of neat stuff around the web on band weaving. I've recently added a few new things.

The Products I Recommend page is fairly new and has links to online sources where you can purchase some of the things which I am happily using.

The Upcoming Events page is changing rapidly these days as I sure have found a lot of interesting things to get involved in here in New Mexico.

Soon, I'll be adding to the Classes, Programs and Demonstrations page as I have some plans in the works for a series of classes in my area.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the added features! Your work is so inspirational and has helped me gain a better understanding of color and patterns for bands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to write and let me know. Happy Inkling! Annie

      Delete