Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Trip to my Hometown, Springfield, Illinois

Although I have not lived there for the last 30 years, going there is always going home. It is where I was born and lived for the first 21 years of my life. My dad, brothers and sisters are there. Here is a picture of us.

My younger sister and her family have a lovely large home and gave me my own room. She hosted a family get-together. I think I counted 25 people there. My family likes to laugh and tease a lot.
Here is a group of the youngest generation (my great nieces and nephews).


And here is what the other side of the room looked like rushing to take photos of the kids.

I taught my great nephew, Jacob, to crochet, which is something I barely know and brought along to practice on while I was traveling. I am proud of both our efforts.
When I was young and living there, I didn't really appreciate the architecture, but now I think so many of the houses and buildings are wonderful. I especially like the brick ones, and took a few photographs. Weaving patterns will probably be inspired as I browse through these again.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures of home and congrats on the crochet accomplishments! Those are beautiful brick buildings. It all makes me pine away for the old homes of New England, where I grew up.
    Nothing that old on the west coast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics! Old buildings make great photo subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I had fun taking these pictures and could have spent a day or so doing this. I just got a few of the ones that crossed my path. ~Annie

    ReplyDelete