Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What I Have Been Working On


Because I haven't posted in a while, you may think that I haven't been doing anything. Well, I have been doing more weaving than I have been photographing and sharing it on the web.
Here is a collection of sashes that I am working on for the Scottish Games. A couple of them are older, most are from the last couple of weeks, though.
The Celtic Knot pattern came from a website which is no longer in use. It was a wonderful resource for inkle weavers. www.InkleWeaving.com. I don't remember the name of the lady who ran it, but would like to thank her for freely giving out this pattern. When I printed it out from the website, it was the first pattern I had tried to use. I can copy a textile, but the squares on paper were confusing at first. Once I got the hang of it, I have used it many times. I have always like Celtic knotwork and am happy to have a version that I can make.
With the original pattern as a starting point, I have created some variations. There is also a 2-color twist pattern that I made up thrown in the mix here.
I like seeing them all together!

4 comments:

  1. I love your choice of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see a "how too" on any of these. I have had the worst luck finding a place to learn pick-up weaving on my inkle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bella, Oh, really? Where do you live? I think I could do one on the blog if I can find a patient person around here to take photographs.
    Do you have Helene Bress' Inkle Weaving book? That's where I learned about 25 years ago. It's still the best book on inkle.
    ~Annie

    ReplyDelete