Sunday, February 15, 2009

Live Life Like You Mean It!

It happened just a couple of weeks ago; I turned 50.
The first few decades were about learning and figuring out what I wanted from life.
As I turned 40, I made a powerful decision to make a major change in my life which would put me more in control of my destiny. In that last decade, I have accomplished many things and am happy with my life.
What's next? What do I want to do for the next decade?
I can't say where I heard it, but I decided to adopt it for my motto:
"Live Life Like You Mean It!'
I created this woven version for the members' show at the Santa Cruz Art League, running from February 6- March 1, 2009.
The three parts: background, motto, and frame were all woven on one of my many inkle looms. Each had been intended for other purposes, but came together nicely for this piece.
The backing was improvised out of cardboard from a lasagne box and fabric from an old skirt.
It was finished off with some silver baubles I had around the house, and I rather like the whole thing. I hope you do, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment