Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sari Silk Strip Strap

Some time ago, I bought this most interesting skein of "yarn" at the Espanola Valley Fiber Arts Center in Espanola, NM. It is made from strips of silk fabric, remnants from sari making. Oh the colors!!!

Here's what the yarn looked like when I took the paper wrapper off.





Here's what it looked like warped on the loom with a companion Amaranth pink cotton. The cotton is one I like to use which has been discontinued by the manufacturer; it's Reynolds Saucy Sport. I"ve been finding and buying old stock on Ebay and Etsy. 





Because of all this fuzz on the silk strips edges, the weaving went very slowly. 


Here's the finished guitar strap. Oh, I'll have to be sure to photograph it in sunlight next time so you can see the silk in all it's glory! 




2 comments:

  1. just beautiful .I love the colours you used and the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is pure eye candy for my hot pink lovin' eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete